I can’t find a good source for Tiny Death Star hints and suggestions, so I’m writing my own wiki.
Tiny Death Star is a great casual game for android and Iphone. There is a kindle version; however I’ve heard it stops working after a while. The game is designed to chug along while the device is inactive. So if you start a build that takes hours, if you pick it up six hours later, the level is built. This is not a game for impatient people. This is a game for people who want to check in every hour or so, do some stuff, then let the game cook. It’s based and created by the same team that built Tiny Tower.
Hint One: Have extra residential levels. There is no penalty for having unemployed people.
Hint Two: Increase the stock levels by increasing the store ranks. Click on the store. Look down at the bottom. Usually it will start at 1. Once you increase the rank, the store will need to be stocked less.
Hint Three: The Imperial levels will bring more cash in chunks. Build extra units of the equipment to save time. Have at least 10 extra of each unit. Check the Inventory on the menu page.
Hint Four: Drag up the question mark people to the highest level. They will tip the elevator operator twice what that level is worth. Also, the higher you move people the more the elevator is paid. Also depositing them takes a minute off the build time.
Unlocking people: Buying or waiting? Buying will cost a fair amount.
Level Building: The levels take an increasingly large amount of time and money to purchase. I’m at level 21 right now, and it’s taking 6 hours or more to build a level. This is more like the zen of waiting than anything else. If you can’t wait that long, you can always purchase a level. Which will cost $$$$ overtime.
Imperial: 21 possible levels
Hints for Imperial Levels:
- The VIP with the yellow hard hat will instantly finish a project.
- Moving Bitizens to the Imperial Levels will knock off a minute of the build time.
- You can move most Bitizens to those level, even if they are requesting a different floor.
- Have at least 10 extra of each component. This will allow you to complete assignments sooner.
- There is no payment from bitzens if you move them to these floors.
- Vader gives you assignments. His hologram will appear green when the assignment is complete. You will need to click on that level and finish the assignment to collect the bonus.
- The assignments do repeat. Hence the need for 10 extra of each component.
Residential: 55 possible levels
Hints for Residential:
- Five Residents can live in each apartment level.
- Use the VIP to secure new residents.
- There has been complaining about waiting for new residents to show up. I haven’t had that problem.
- At least one or two residential levels to optimize your stores.
Retail: 19 possible levels
Recreation: 16 possible levels
Service: 16 possible levels
Food: 15 possible levels
Helpful hints for stores:
- Three Bitizen job slots per store.
- The first slot sells it’s products for one credit.
- The second slot sells it’s products for two credits.
- The third slot sells it’s products for three credits.
- Raising the Rank will increase product capacity. Use Bux to do that. Also a VIP will do the same thing.
- Assigning a Bitizen to their favorite job will also double capacity for that product slot. A star will appear next to the store when a Bitizen has been matched.
- Each Bitzen has a strength schedule for each category. The range is zero to nine. If you assign a bitizen retail strength of nine to a retail store, your production times will be improved.
- Once a product is produced, you will need to return to the level to ‘Stock’ it. An alert will appear. Those alerts are shortcuts to that level.
- An exclamation point will appear if your store closes because it is out of stock.
- Moving the Bitizens around is one point source.
- Generally, the floor level is doubled to get the points. Floor 2 is worth four points.
- Question Mark people have twice the point value of regular Bitizens.
- I move Question Mark Bitizens to the top floor for the most points.
- VIP’s have special powers.
- Upgrades can be purchased for real world cash and Imperial Bux.
- The imperial alert will alert you to find a particular Bitizen.
- The people icon alert has the same purpose.
- Scroll through the levels to find people.
- The people are not in the Imperial Section.
Scenes: Doing things unlocks the scenes. These unlockings are few and far between. They are adorably cute though. For this section, you need to match the question mark bitizens with levels. So for example
- Obi-Wan Kenobi = Blast Doors in the Imperial Floors. (Duel with D. Vader)
- Luke/White = Extending Bridge in Imperial Floors. (Tarzan Rope w/Leia)
I haven’t played out all the sections yet, so I’ll post them when I find them. One hint is that when you go the Store/Bitizen, there is a movie icon that tells you how many scenes there are for that bitizen. Not all the bitizens have scenes.